Saturday, August 13, 2011

SHREK make over diorama project





Princess Viona, Baby Shrek and Shrek

On March 2010 I made this diorama for our bestfriend's son, Karan. The diorama was for Karan's 1st birthday present. Karan's parents are a huge fan of SHREK trilogy. They collected their SHREK figures from McDonalds kiddy meals.

When I developed this SHREK diorama, dioking wasn't even establish yet. I still doing this diorama thingy as a side job. I worked very late after office hours and sometime didn't have enough sleep to finish this diorama. As the result, the diorama didn't finish completely as I expected. I was ashame of the result but Karan's parents didn't find anything wrong about the diorama. They were happy but I wasn't.

I promised my self that day that I had to do something to make the diorama looks better. A year and a half past, until I got the chance to make over this diorama. dioking already established as a studio that specializes in making diorama, miniature, scale models and movie props. So now this is a full time job and I have much more time to focus on this SHREK diorama make over.

I've added some grass, branches, plantations to bring some realistic looks.

I'm pleased with the final make over result and I hope Karan's parents will do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment